ON DEMAND | Behavioral Health Lighting Solutions – Concepts, Guidelines, and Strategies for Therapeutic Design
- Brought to you by Visa Lighting
- Where ALA Office or Your Office
- Time TBD
Behavioral healthcare continues to evolve in our ever-changing society. Treatment spaces for mental well-being are continually improving to provide safer and more therapeutic environments for patients and clinicians alike. Treatment objectives are moving beyond symptom control to patient-centered recovery. Design choices should incorporate every element of the behavioral health facility design, including lighting and lighting control.
This course provides evidence-based insights on behavioral healthcare within the context of the environment, an overview of behavioral health safety standards, examines considerations for lighting and luminaire design for behavioral health spaces, and illustrates successful behavioral health lighting applications relevant to patient-centered care and current best practices.
At the end of this course participants will be able to:
• Recognize the needs of various patient populations in behavioral health facilities and milieu that determine design concepts to diminish the stigma of mental health through aesthetic choices and control options.
• Identify the current safety guidelines and available standards that apply to lighting design in a behavioral health space.
• Evaluate luminaires and lighting design features that promote safe, therapeutic, patient centered environments.
• Employ lighting design strategies that take salutogenesis into account during the design and application of lighting product selection.
• Reference real-world examples of successful behavioral health design strategies.