Brought to you by
Comprehensive knowledge of Glass is critical to the success of any design project aimed at using this material from a lighting standpoint. Proper lighting is effective and efficient and contributes to the comfort and functionality of every space. This course explores the materials of Glass and Crystal glass by taking into account material compositions, various manufacturing processes,and finishes as well as understanding quality and imperfections in hand-made glass products as well as visual effects of lighting glassworks.
- Understand the nature of glass and its properties
- Understand the differences in crystal, pyrex, soda lime, and other grades of glass
- Understand the various methodologies of product design related to glass work for lighting
- Understand quality and imperfections in hand-made glass work
- Understand lighting sources and how to apply lighting within glasswork