On Demand | How to Evaluate Sustainability of Architectural Products
- Brought to you by Lightly
- Presented by Benjamin Rapkin
- Where Offices or Virtual
- Time TBD
1 Hour of AIA Health, Safety, & Welfare
About the Course:
This course helps designers cut through the noise and focus on two key frameworks for evaluating architectural product sustainability. First, the International Living Future Institute has provided a fretwork for evaluating the toxicity of products with its Declare Label. Second, Environmental Product Declarations have become the gold standard in measuring the carbon footprint of products. Attendees will learn how to leverage these frameworks to design healthier and more environmentally friendly spaces.
– Understand which chemicals and materials are classified as toxic by the International Living Future Institute.
– Understand the significance of embodied carbon in our built environment.
– Learn how to read and interpret a Declare Label from the International Living Future Institute.
– Learn how to read and interpret a Life-Cycle-Analysis(LCA) as part of an Environmental Product Declaration (EPD).
– Learn how to detoxify and decarbonize specifications.