Enlightened | Planning and Designing Public Spaces for the Night
- Brought to you by 24hourdallas.org
- Presented by Leni Schwendinger - Lighting Designer
- Presented by Joshua King - Dallas AURORA
- Where Zoom
- Time 4:00 PM
- Course Type Webinar
Design all the public spaces you want for daylight but, once the sun sets, different opportunities come out to play.
Fortunately, a new field of expertise has emerged for placemaking at night. A city’s nighttime economic vitality, culture, public health and — of course — safety can be enhanced by how public spaces are designed and how light is shaped.
On Tuesday, March 9, 24HourDallas hosts two internationally respected experts in light, art, and placemaking at night. Join us for this free, one-hour Zoominar as we illuminate what it could mean to better fuse art, light, and urban design into public spaces at night … in Dallas.
• Leni Schwendinger — NightSeeing™ (http://www.nightseeing.net/); Light Projects LTD (http://www.lightprojectsltd.com); International Nighttime Design Initiative (https://nighttimedesign.org/)
• Joshua King — Dallas AURORA (https://dallasaurora.com/)
• Bryan Tony — Placemaking Chair, 24HourDallas
• Randall White — Board President, 24HourDallas
• Architectural Lighting Alliance (https://www.alatx.com/)
BECOME A MEMBER OF 24HOURDALLAS
Let’s create a safe, vibrant, and diverse nighttime culture in Dallas for businesses, residents, and guests. The nighttime is for everyone. Join at 24hourdallas.org