Brought to you by
A catenary is a curve that is found throughout nature and the built world. This course presents the history of catenaries in architectural design and examines the relationship between catenary systems and lighting. We discuss engineering and environmental factors, types of catenary lighting layouts and real examples of catenary lighting installations from around the world.
- Contextualize the history and gain a basic understanding of what a catenary is.
- Understand how a catenary can be implemented into an architectural design and the benefits of its use.
- Understand the requirements and various factors for the design and specification of a catenary lighting system.
- Review and understand the different types of catenary layouts.
- Case Studies – Review real-world applications and their appeal.